Monday, October 13, 2014

8-17-2014 Constanta Romania

 The branch I am in is really small!! Like i think about 20 ish people come to church! The people are way cool though! oh and that number is including missionaries. There are six of us in my area. 4 elders and 2 sisters. The area I am in is REALLY HOT!!! It is kinda a hard city for missionary work because everyone spends all their time on he beach. This is also the vacation hotspot in Romania! ha so not a lot of people are actually from Constanta. I really want you guys to come pick me up so I can give you a personalized tour of Romania! I freaking love this place!!!! My companion has been out... about a year and a half.  So this week I went on an exchange with Elder J, you know the one that was in the MTC with me from Twin. We both have the same views on missionary work so we did some awesome stuff that day! We went block knocking and no luck, but we found an orthodox man on the street and we taught him very briefly and gave him a Gospel of Jesus Christ Pamphlit. It was soooo cool!!! The work is really slow for us right now. We have been doing a lot of contacting for our English classes. We will start doing more Gospel contacting starting.. tomorrow or Wednesday. Our Branch president is the coolest guy ever! He served a mission in England, and he is just amazing!! He actually is going to be released as is going to be on of President Ivory's counselors!! He is going to be great!! I am soooo excited for him! The language is really a struggle.. I get so frustrated when I don't understand what is going on, and then I cannot respond to what people say. It is coming! I get better every single day! my companion said I am progressing really really quickly! That makes me feel good! I cannot believe I have already been here.. well one day shy of two weeks! That is crazy!! Time is FLYING BY!!!! We had an INSANE storm the other day! Saturday night to be exact! It lasted from about 6 pm to 5 am.. There was not a single second where you could not see a lightning bolt in the sky! It was crraaaazyyyyy! The wind and rain made it seem like a hurricane! Our apartment got struck my lightning! It was the loudest thing I have ever heard! I jumped like three feet in the air! haha Hope the fam is doin well! i LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU A LOT! I pray for you everyday! Love you!!! oh and sorry.. I will try to send pictures later today. I don't have the means to send them now! Love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment