Hey!
Have T read this... T... The struggle is real bro! All I can say is there were MANY times where I thought I should not go... those feelings were with me even the week before I left. You know what though? I also had times where I felt SOOO good about it! Those thoughts are from God! The negative are from Satan. Satan does not want you to be out here. He will fight, fight back! With all you've got! I can tell you it is really hard! Learning a new language is hard and frustrating! But I am the happiest I have ever been! I know this is where I need to be! Sometimes you feel you can't do it and you wanna go home! DON'T LISTEN TO THAT!!! Trust me! This is the greatest thing ever! There is no other place we should be now! It just makes me feel sooooo happy! I love the feeling of the spirit here!
Well yesterday was amazing! Elder Anderson came and talked to us! I was in the third row right in the middle! We made eye contact :) It was so uplifting!!! It's funny... My favorite part of the devotional was not when we were listening to him talk. It was when we got together as a district after and talked. We talked about what Elder Anderson had said, but we also talked from our hearts. Varstnicul J shared something that really touched me! Please have as many people as possible read this: "We are here on Earth to make a decision. It is a huge decision. The biggest one you will ever make. You see this life is like 1, 1,000,000,000,000 of a second of our whole life. We have a lot more to come after this. While we are here on this earth we make the decision to follow Christ, or to follow Satan. There is no middle ground! You are either going forward towards God or you are going in reverse towards Satan. We need to go forward! Our life beyond the grave will be SOOOO much better if we just go forward!" That really hit me. That inspired me. I am here for a reason. Not only to continue to move forward myself, but to help others move forward. That is crazy! I have millions of people's salvation in my hands! That is a big responsibility! I need to lose myself. Forget about me right now! I will go forward automatically if I just lose myself in the work and help others! I have already noticed a huge growth in myself! And you know what? It's because I have FINALLY learned how to perform selfless service!
Good luck on the talk mom! You guys will do amazing! Just remember mom, you can do hard things! :) You have always taught me that! Now its your turn :)
Thanks for the package! I can't wait till I get it! it makes me SOOOO happy to get stuff from you guys! You know, just kind of get my mind off of the language and see how much I am loved by you guys!
Tell the girls I love them! I miss them and hope they are doing good! Tell Connor that also! I want him to email me next week. I have some things I need to say to him!
Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Varstnicul Everton
No comments:
Post a Comment